We are a company registered in England and Wales (registration number #) under the name Eagle Print; the address of our registered office is Herbal House, 10 Back Hill, London, EC1R 5EN. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (registration number Z4768023).
What personal information do we collect about you?
When you access and move around Eagle Print, register an Account with Eagle Print or purchase a Product from Eagle Print, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- a username and password;
- name, date of birth, age and sex;
- billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
- your Images and other User Content;
- correspondence with and from Eagle Print;
- your preferences about receiving communications from Eagle Print;
- information about your use of Eagle Print, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
In order to take advantage of some of our Services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send a Product to them as a gift). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied.
We may disclose your first name and last name, to selected third parties, including but not limited to Pro-Gallery owners from whom you have purchased items. The purpose of this is so that a record may be kept by the third parties of who has purchased Products from them. It is a condition of your use of our Services that you agree to this disclosure of this data.
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us.
When you sign up to Eagle Print and agree to our terms and conditions, we need to process certain data that allows Eagle Print:
- to provide the Eagle Print service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- to create personalised Products selected by you;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- if you elect to store an encrypted Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
- to tailor aspects of Eagle Print (including its search function and offers) to you;
- to process payments you make for Products;
- to pass your Product order for delivery by third party deliverers engaged by us;
- to provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we would like to contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
For legitimate business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analysing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
If you elect to store a Payment Method with us, that Payment Method will not in fact be stored by Eagle Print itself, but instead it will be stored by a payment service provider under contract with us. The storing payment service provider will be required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Note that, when using a stored Payment Method to make payment for your Eagle Print order, certain techniques will be used to assist in maintaining the security of the details of your stored Payment Method. For example, not all of the payment card number will be visible to you (typically, all except the final four digits will be masked), and you will be required to provide certain information (such as, but not limited to, a CV2 card security number) in order to proceed with using that Payment Method. To remove or change a stored Payment Method, please follow the procedures specified on the Site or App, or contact our customer services team.
If you are asked to provide a phone number when ordering a Product, note that the phone number will be provided to the deliverer of your order and may appear on your order's packaging to assist with the delivery process.
We automatically collect anonymous information about your use of Eagle Print. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Eagle Print you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Eagle Print. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Eagle Print, and to help target aspects of Eagle Print and advertising to you more accurately.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- information technology (hardware and software) companies;
- payment processing companies;
- manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers;
- delivery and courier services;
- fraud prevention companies;
- advertising and marketing services companies;
- other companies in the Eagle Print group (Hofmann and PosterXXL). Should companies join or leave the group, this notice will be updated to reflect the new group structure.
We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Eagle Print's business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Eagle Print, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Eagle Print about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we will send you information about other products and services. These emails and mobile communications (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) provide you with information about offers, new Products and other things that we think may interest you or Eagle Print customers generally. You can change your preferences on the “My Account” section of the website or using the link provided on an email and you can opt out of receiving text (SMS) messaging alerts at any time by texting STOP to the number which appears in the relevant text (SMS) messaging alert, and prevent receipt of "push" notification messaging alerts by turning off the push function on your mobile device.
You can also choose to receive reminders of important dates coming up so you can start planning your next gift for a friend or relative. You can control these on the Your Reminders page or in the Preference Centre.
We use advertising and marketing services companies to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing preferences or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
We may also send you emails to remind you of a credit that’s about to expire, photos you haven’t used, items you’ve left in your basket or following a purchase. You can opt out of these emails using the link provided.
We may also send you communications by post which provide you with information about offers, new Products and other things that we think may interest you or Eagle Print customers generally. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our postal communications here.
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third party data processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and to other Eagle Print group companies in connection with the above purposes. Please be aware that countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom; however, we always require that third party data processors deal with your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice. Any transfers are done in accordance with the standards laid down by the EU Commission and/or decisions of the European Court of Justice.
If you have not logged into your account for 3 years, your personal details and any photos will be deleted. We retain other minimal data for tax, anti-fraud and other purposes in accordance with our data retention policy.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- the right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (known as a Subject Access Request);
- the right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider (a portability request);
- the right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate;
- the right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances;
- the right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances;
- the right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing.
To discuss any of these rights, please contact Customer Services.
Eagle Print has designated a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by email or by post at our registered office.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection regulator. In our case, this is the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK. Details of how to contact them can be found at ICO.org.uk.
Links to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We employ significant technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Eagle Print through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Eagle Print Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online;
- ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 18th December 2019. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this notice.
If you would like to contact us about any aspect of this Privacy Notice click here.
The Eagle Print App
If you’ve told us it’s OK, the Eagle Print app will use various technologies to:
- Assess the performance of the app by telling us the products users are buying via the app and other similar information.
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns by tracking which campaign resulted in a user downloading the app for instance.
- Provide analytics which helps us understand how people are using the app and monitor any errors that users may be experiencing. We use this information to identify how and where we can improve the user experience.
We work with our partners Google Firebase, Appsflyer and Facebook to do this.
You can change your mind and opt out of this at any time on the “My Data” screen accessed through your Account page.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
To make full use of eagleprints.co.uk and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies. The eagleprints.co.uk website (like many other shopping websites) will not work when cookies are blocked.
The list below details the cookies used on eagleprints.co.uk. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose.
eagleprints.co.uk uses these cookies to enable some basic functionalities to provide a basic personalised experience while browsing, making creations and shopping on our website. Examples include remembering your login details, which products you have added to your basket, your language preferences. The information collected through these cookies is only used for this purpose and is never shared or sold on to third parties.
These cookies are essential as they enable you to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing the checkout. The information collected through these cookies is only used for this purpose and is never shared or sold on to third parties.
Google Analytics, Google Firebase, Qlikview, Eulerian
ABTasty & Crazy Egg
eagleprints.co.uk works with third parties ABtasty and Crazy Egg to test and find the optimal content and experience for our users. The cookies used by them enable us to identify which experiences visitors to our site have seen and how the content has performed for the visitor, this will allow us to ensure that future experiences can be further improved. The data collected through these cookies is anonymous, they do not collect specific customer data and is never shared with other third parties.
Quantcast & Rocket Fuel
eagleprints.co.uk works with third party agencies Quantcast and Rocketfuel to display banner advertising on other selected websites. These cookies also help us to monitor and improve the effectiveness of our banner advertising and to refine the targeting of these campaigns so that we are displaying the most relevant content for each individual. The data collected through these cookies is anonymous, these third parties do not collect specific customer data and it is never shared with other third parties.
Facebook, Google Adwords, Bing, Marin
Cookies are used by our third party Awin, enabling eagleprints.co.uk to meet contractual obligations to make payments to them when they introduce a new customer to eagleprints.co.uk. The data collected through these cookies is anonymous, these third parties do not collect specific customer data and it is never shared with other third parties.
eagleprints.co.uk works with third party agency Criteo to display banner advertising on other selected websites based on pages already viewed on eagleprints.co.uk. These cookies help us to monitor and improve the effectiveness of our banner advertising and to refine the targeting of these campaigns so that we are displaying the most relevant content for each individual. The data collected through these cookies is anonymous, these third parties do not collect specific customer data and it is never shared with other third parties.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Here's how to do it:
- In the settings menu, select 'show advanced settings' at the bottom of the page.
- Select the 'content settings' button in the privacy section.
- The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
- In the tools menu, select 'options' (MAC users, go to the Firefox menu & select 'preferences')
- Select the privacy tab in the options box.
- From the dropdown choose 'use custom settings for history'. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tickbox.
Internet Explorer 6+
- In the tools menu, select 'Internet options'.
- Click the privacy tab.
- You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- In the settings menu / Safari menu, select the 'preferences' option.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the option you want from the 'block cookies' section.
All other browsers
For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general our Site will not operate properly if cookies are off. In particular, note that you may be prevented from making purchases of Products if cookies are disabled.